Friday, August 10, 2018

The Making of Jayaruh #313

Jayaruh #313 was commissioned by Flori, a gentleman shaver from Albania. He found me on this blog and contacted me about a custom brush on July 29. I pointed him to the Jayaruh Brushes page where he chose a shape that he liked. He wanted a special wood, and I had a piece of Brazilian rosewood that fit the bill. He also wanted a two-band badger knot. I did not have the knot on hand, so I ordered one from Virginia Sheng. I love their two-band badgers. It takes about four weeks to get them, but the wait is worth it.

This is the shape that I used for Flori's brush.
 I began work on the handle on August 10.
The Brazilian rosewood chucked up.

Getting the dimensions right.

Getting there.

Fresh off the lathe.



The hole is made.

Marked with JR 313.

Here the handle has been finished. I dry fitted a synthetic horse 
for the picture while we waited on the badger to come from China.
The story continues below.

The Making of Jayaruh #313 (this page)
Jayaruh #313 Completed

No comments:

Post a Comment