Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Shave of the Day - 8/7


Clubman Classic Shave Cream
Tabac Shave Soap
Jayaruh #30
Razorock Black Hawk
Feather Professional SE
CWR
Tabac AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. I used Clubman Classic Shave Cream as a pre-shave. It is an non-lathering SC, so I just applied a thin layer before face-lathering the Tabac Shave Soap with the Jayaruh #30 brush. I had used the Alumigoose that Redfisher from TSD lent me, so that is my benchmark. It was the most efficient razor I have ever used I think. I would call the Black Hawk the poor man's Alumigoose. At $33.49 including shipping, it is ever bit as good as the Alumigoose. It weighs in at 39g compared to 50g for the Alumigoose. It loads very easily. I found the correct angle almost immediately. I really like shaving with the wide blade. It is like shaving with a straight. It makes do with my whiskers in short order. I did two passes with the RazoRock Black Hawk Razor with a Feather Professional SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. I could have stopped after one pass, but I could not resist another pass. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

No comments:

Post a Comment