Thursday, August 23, 2018

Jayaruh #313 - The First Lathering

For the first lathering of Jayaruh #313, I used RazoRock Classic Artisan Shaving Soap and my Turkish hammered shaving cup.


I simply wet the knot with cold water, shook it off, and loaded it for 30 seconds.


I added a bit of water to the cup, and after about 20 seconds in the cup, this is what I got.


 I continued to build the lather, and it grew and grew.



Next, I took it to my hand to see how it did. The lather is very slick and smooth. The brush has good backbone, splays easily, and has no noticeable scritch. It is going to be a great brush.


I returned it back to  the cup and loaded the brush for these pictures.


I let the lather sit for a few minutes before cleaning out the brush.


I rinsed the brush with hot water and towel dried it with painting motions.





I let my brushes dry with the hairs up. It will be dry enough tomorrow to pack up and send off to its new home in Albania.

Update: Here it is post bloom.




The story continues below.

Jayaruh #313 - The First Lathering (this page)

No comments:

Post a Comment