Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Fifteen Razor Stand

Today I began making a stand for fifteen razors. It will have three rows for five razors each. Here are some pictures from today.

I started with a 1.5 x 1.5 inch by19 inch stick of oak.


After cutting all the pieces, I dry stacked them.


I drilled all the holes for the razors and softened the edges of the top pieces.


Nest came the glue up. I glued and clamped the three rows after assembling. Now  they are drying. 



Here they are glued and clamped waiting for the glue to dry.  


Unclamped and dry stacked.


Thursday, June 4

Here it is glued up and clamped.


Next, I stained and sealed the stand with Minwax Red Oak. Then finished it with Minwax polycrylic. I put felt pads on the feet. I loaded it up with fifteen of my razors.



Here are some more of my razors.


No comments:

Post a Comment