Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Mohs on the Nose

 Yesterday was the day I had the Mohs surgery on my nose. After the original excision, they found there were two spots that needed excising. Then, he reconstructed the hole.

This was the first excision.

They bandaged me and sent me to wait for results.

I am getting ready for second round.

The red areas need to be removed.

Waiting after more numbing medicine.

After the second excisions.

Bandaged to wait for results.

All done with excisions. He is planning for the reconstruction.

More numbing meds before reconstruction.

Reconstruction done.



Bandaged up  to go home.

At home chilling.

As the numbing meds wore off, the pain set in. I took a combination of ibuprofen and acetaminophen. I had a rough night in my easy chair. We got some Tylenol with codeine that helped. Finally got to sleep and woke at 9 AM. I am using ibuprofen for pain, and it is manageable now. The bandage will come off this afternoon, and I will clean and redress the wound.

January 16, 1 PM

It is going to look worse before it looks better. I took the bandage off and washed the area with soap and water. Then, I gooped it with my antibiotic ointment. 


January 18

No comments:

Post a Comment