Friday, September 15, 2023

Happy Birthday to Me

It is one month (30 days) until my birthday, but we were visiting The Garage on 25 and just browsing. Before leaving, I asked the lady if they had any vintage shaving brushes, razors, or bowls. She directed me to one shelf, and when I saw it, I said, "Happy birthday to me." It was a Gillette Pocket Edition. I have seen pictures, but I have never seen one in real life. The serial number is C 55923. That means it was made in 1914. So, it is my Dad's birth year razor. 




Serial # C 55323
I has one bent tooth and appears to have been well used.

After some minimal clean up, I took these pictures.




The blade bank contained two used Schick DE blades, two used Pal Hollow Ground DE blades, a Schick Thin DE blade with Krona Edge, and a Super Edge STAR SE razor blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment