Monday, February 27, 2023

Jayaruh #437

I started the glue up for JR#437. I first cut eight pieces of cabinet grade plywood. I glued and clamped four sets of two pieces (not pictured). After letting them dry, I then glued and clamped two sets of pieces. That is shown in the first picture. I let those dry.

Next, I glued the two remaining sets together and clamped  them (next picture).


Next, I glued the two remaining sets together and clamped  them (next picture).

After drying, I cut off the pointy end and glued it to the bottom of the whole.

I meant to take pictures of the next step, but I didn't. So sorry. In the next step, I sawed off the pointy side pieces to make the whole a rectangular prism. Lastly, I cut the right angles down to make an octagonal prism.  The picture below shows it mounted on my lathe. There, it will stay until I decide to turn it. Now, I need to order a knot for the finished handle.


Update: Feb 28, 2023

It was beautiful out today, so I worked on turning the handle.








No comments:

Post a Comment