Friday, October 22, 2021

Mystery Haul

We came home from a trip out this morning and found this bag on the back steps with no note or indication as to who dropped it off. I later found out that it was a friend of one of my neighbors who dropped it off. I was able to thank him. He deals in estate sales and knew that I liked shaving stuff.


I took a peak inside and saw shaving stuff. If I find out more, I will post, but for now it is a mystery. There is a shaving bowl and a shaving mug. I noticed two soaps, two brushes, and a Gillette flare tip.


Now for a closer look. The bowl had a puck of Burma Shave Shave Soap and an Ever-Ready boar brush. Everything is dusty. It's been neglected for years.


Burma Shave was originally a brushless shave cream that you just rubbed on your face. The American Safety Razor Company acquired Burma Shave in 1997. They produced the soaps, selling them in sets with a cup and brush.


Ever-Ready Brush

This cup was produced by Surrey and the razor by Gillette.

The flare tip is a B4 (1956).

The following mug, soap and brush were evidently a set at one time. Also, probably never used. They are products of Surrey, the predecessor of Van der Hagen Shave products.


The "S" is for Surrey.

This was a product of Surrey.


This is the razor after I cleaned it up.






No comments:

Post a Comment