Friday, May 21, 2021

Jayaruh #421

Today, I started Jayaruh #421. It was requested by a shaver in Germany. When completed, it will be finished with at least two coats of polycrylic and set with a Plisson type synthetic knot.

The brush handle is turned from a stick of Bolivian Rosewood. It is a hard and beautifully grained wood.   
I begin to shape the handle.
The handle has its basic shape now.

Next, I separated the handle from the stick and created the hole to take the knot. The next pictures are when I dry fitted the knot. It was requested that the knot be set as high as possible. He likes to splay the brush.
I put its name on the bottom before I put the first coat 
of polycrylic.


The next pictures were taken after I gave the handle its first coat of polycrylic.

Next, I will add another coat of polycrylic polish the handle, and set the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment