Monday, February 3, 2020

New Cases for TARs

A couple of years ago, I bought a box of oak wood pieces. A gentleman was making wooden clocks from solid oak. Here is a picture of one of the blocks I used to get wood for these cases. SWMBO suggested I use them for the cases, so I gave it a try, and it worked out great.



I am making two cases for Tom's TAR razors. This one is the first. I have it glued up, sanded, cut apart, and working on the insert for the razor and blades.



In the next pictures, I have installed the hardware for the case.




I fitted some felt on the inside. This is temporary. I will make it permanent after I put a finish on the case.





The next picture is of the second case that I started today. I have cut out the parts and glued it up. As you can see, I have lots of clamps on it. A man cannot have too many clamps. I will let it sit for a day before continuing. Expecting rain this week. I may have the morning to work on it in my fair weather shop.


Update: 4 Feb 

I had some nice weather this morning, so I was able to work on Case 2 for the TAR.

The pictures below are what came from the picture above. I did a little different design on this box from the first one. Next on the list is to put a clear finish on the cases.





Here are both cases finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment