Monday, December 11, 2023

Mohs Surgery Today with Updates

I had a biopsy on my left ear a while back, and today, I was finally able to get the Mohs surgery done on it. With Mohs, the surgeon removes affected skin and it is processed and examined under the microscope. If it is clear on the edges and underneath, then the wound is repaired. If there is cancer remaining, the surgeon will take out a bit more and repeat the process. This is continued until the samples are clear of cancer. Well, it took three times before I was clear. Then the surgeon took some donor skin from my left collar bone skin and used it to repair the wound.

This is the affected area.

Getting ready to cut.

After the first excision.

After the second excision.

After the third and final excesion.

This is the completed skin graft.

My collar bone where donor skin was removed.

My ear is dressed, and I am ready to go.

Eight days later:


Three weeks later: January 4.

Went to the dermatologist today to check out the ear. He debrided it and gave me some antibiotic pills to take over the next week. He also put in a script for an antibiotic ointment to be used once a day. He
says it is looking good.

Scabbed up. Before debridement.

After debridement.

No comments:

Post a Comment