Friday, June 23, 2023

Lather Catcher Handle Upgrade

I have made a number of custom handles for lather catchers over the years. I could not find the right size of threads, so I used the closest I could find, #9 sheet metal screws. Greg in Michigan was able to make the right size threads. I don't know how he did it, but he did it. I contacted him and asked him if he could make me a dozen threaded rods about 3/4 inch in length. I wanted to replace the threads in the handles I had and then have a little supply in case I wanted to make more handles.



I used the rods above to replace the sheet metal screws below. In all, I upgraded six of my lather catcher handles.




The first handle I upgraded was the handle I had made for my Gem Jr. Bar razor.



It was a pretty easy process. I just used my plyers to unscrew the old threads and then screw in the new. I only had to cut off excess threads on two of the handles. These threads are literally "made to order." They fit perfectly. Thanks Greg.


No comments:

Post a Comment