Monday, August 22, 2022

Save of the Day - 8/22


Cold Water Rinse
Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap
Semogue Owners Club
Gillette Short Comb NEW
Treet Carbon Steel
CWR
Osage Rub

I won a Schick G on The Shave Den raffle donated by  jay_gatz on The Shave Den. When he sent me the Schick, he included a tuck of Treet Black Carbon Steel blades.  He suggested I should use them in a vintage Gillette. So, this week I am using my short comb NEW with the Treet blades. Thanks, jay_gatz .

The Virgilio Valobra Shaving Soap lathered well with Semogue Owners Club boar brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette Short Comb NEW razor with a Treet Carbon Steel Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

I decided to clean and dry off the blade and give it a palm stropping. I set it aside for tomorrow's shave. Let's see how many good shaves I can get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment