Monday, December 27, 2021

Jayaruh #429

 Well, I have been looking around for a piece of wood for a white rook brush handle.  I didn't find anything in my stashes, so I tried HD (no luck), then I tried Lowes and struck out again. So, I went back and re-looked through my woods. I found a piece of white pine. I know it is not a dense wood, but I had an idea. After turning it and making the knot hole, I drilled out the center with a 1/2 inch Forstner bit. Then, I glued in a 1.5inch threaded rod. This gives the handle some nice heft. The 24mm two-band badger knot has been ordered and will get here sometime this week.


Update: later in the day

I numbered the handle and put two coats of polycrylic on the handle. It will rest now until its knot arrives.



Update: next morning

I have buffed the handle after the polycrylic has dried well. As you can see, the handle is 82g.



Last Update: the knot has arrived and now the brush is completed.

24mm Two-Band Badger knot dry fitted.

Finished: knot set in handle



Jayaruh #429 completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment