Thursday, April 29, 2021

Backer Blade for Enders Speed Razor

 I have started making a couple of backer blades to carry a Schick injector blade for the Enders Speed Razor.



I lined up the injector blade with the bottom of the Enders blade. Then I scored up the Enders blade with my rotary tool.

This will aide the adhesion of the JB Weld epoxy.

Then I used transparent tape to hold the  blades in the proper alignment. 

I removed the tape from over the holes.

I decided to make two at one time .

Here is the JB Weld mixed up and ready to apply.

I filled the holes for each blade.

I used my wood mixer to scrape off excess epoxy.

Then, I removed the injector blades. At this point, I will let it sit overnight to cure.

Next, I will clean up the blades and then remove the bevel edge on each blade. That would make the backer blades ready to use.

Update: 30 April 2021

Here are the blade backers before I remove the bevel.

I removed the bevel mostly with ten snips. It was pretty rough.

Next, I used my rotary tool to dress up the edges.

Here is one of the backer blades with an injector blade ready to put in the razor.

Here is the injector blade held in place with the backer blade.

I am planning on doing Enders shaves next week starting Monday. I will be using this razor with a Schick Proline 20 blade for tomorrow's Saturday shave.

No comments:

Post a Comment