Thursday, February 4, 2021

Jayaruh #420

I started Jayaruh #420 today. I turned the handle from some Bolivian rosewood. It is a RS 400 type handle that will take a large boar knot that is on order now. The hole is 25mm now, but I will resize it when I get the knot in. Here is what I have right now.





Update: February 8, 2021

The Omega brush came in today. I harvested the knot and began to modify it to fit #420. It started to get dark and cold, so, I will finish it tomorrow. I have to make the hole a bit deeper because the owner wants it around 52mm loft.

Here it is right out of the box.

I separated the wood handle from the ferrule.

I cut through the metal ferrule to remove it.

Removed the plastic ferrule.

The knot fits, but the hole needs to be made deeper.


JR 420

First coat of polycrylic.

Update: February 9, 2021

I made the hole deeper. The handle is 83 mm high. The knot is 28 mm at the opening and the loft is now about 53 mm. 




The brush is finished:








No comments:

Post a Comment