Friday, December 11, 2020

Triceratops 3D Printed Razor Arrives

 I had the Triceratops printed through Treatstock.com. It uses a GEM style SE blade that is held in place by the handle being tightened. It was completed pretty quickly, but it got lost in the US Mail pretty quickly, too. But, today, it arrived. Here is what it looks like. I plan to start using it next week starting Monday. I may even sneak in a pass tomorrow on Saturday Straights' Shave.











Update: 13 Dec 2020

Someone asked if this razor would use an injector blade. I said, "No." However, I thought I ought to at least give it a try. So, I did, and it appears that an injector blade will work in the Triceratops. So, I will at least give it a test shave next week.

This test fitting was done with a dulled injector blade that I use to shim my wedge stropper. It sure looks like it will work.




No comments:

Post a Comment