Sunday, January 12, 2020

Jayaruh #380 First Lathering

I used Razorock Classic Shave Soap for the first lathering of my new Jayaruh #380 horse hair brush. I only face lather when I shave, but for my first lathering I like to bowl lather to aid breaking in the knot. Especially with a natural hair brush, it helps to defunk it if it needs it.

Tools assembled ready to go.

I wet the brush with cold water, shook it off, and loaded it for 15 seconds.

I added a couple of teaspoons of water and worked up this lather.

I worked the lather more, adding a bit of water.

I ended up with lots of lather.

I let it sit a while to defunk the knot. 
 You may have noticed that I am wearing a bacon band aid on my left pointer finger. I ripped off some skin when I disassembled my ramp two days ago. It is healing slower than I would like.

All done. I rinsed out the brush and towel dried it.  No funk.
The brush is ready for its first shave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment