Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Shave of the Day - 3/19

Cold Water Rinse
Green Mountain Lime Vetiver Shaving Soap
B-400 by Tom
Gillette Techmatic
Techmatic Band
CWR
Granddad's Blend AS

Today, I revisited the famous Gillette Techmatic band razor. I first used one of these back in the 60s. I was not impressed with it then. However, today's shave was as good as it gets. Technique trumps tools. In the 60s, I had the tools but not the technique. There you go... I really did not know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with this shave. 


My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Green Mountain Lime Vetiver Shaving Soap face lathered well with B-400 by Tom brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Techmatic razor with a Techmatic Band SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...


No comments:

Post a Comment