Thursday, April 12, 2018

Thater Knot Removal

I was sent this nice Thater boar brush by a gentleman on TSD with the task of removing the knot and making it ready to take a new knot.


Also included in the package was a bottle of vintage English Leather. That was a very cool surprise. 

Getting ready to remove the knot.


First I taped up the brush and the knot in preparation for cutting the bristles away from the handle.


That was not as efficient as I had hoped, so I broke out the scissors and trimmed the knot back.


I put the handle in some wooden chucks and began to drill out the knot.


I used a Forstner bit to finish drilling out the knot.


Finally, I used my dremel to clean up the hole.


I removed the tape, and the handle is ready to sent back to its home.


No comments:

Post a Comment