Friday, February 16, 2018

Jayaruh #262 and #263

I ordered a stick of birdseye maple and some ebony. The birdseye maple showed up this morning, and right now the ebony is out for delivery. Well, I got busy and made the first two handles with the birdseye. As soon as the ebony gets here, I will jump on it. I am making a brush on spec for a gentleman on TSD who is honing some of my straights.







Update will follow here:

The ebony came in this afternoon, and I got right on it.






I stuck these knots in the handles just for the picture. I still have to do some finish shading, glue the ferrules on, put two to three coats of polycrylic, and then they will be ready for knots. One will be going to Daltongang in Texas for taking care of my straights. He wants to do his own knot.


Update: February 17, 2018

Almost done.


Jayaruh #262

Jayaruh #263


Four knot variations.

No comments:

Post a Comment