Saturday, May 27, 2017

New Scales for the Dubl Duck


My Dubl Duck was in need of a set of new scales, so I ordered some from Maggard Razors. The came in earlier this week, and today, I decided to put them on. They came with the wedge end already pinned.


I didn't take pictures of all the steps, but in the picture above, I had removed the old scales, shortened the new scales by about a quarter of an inch, and drilled the pivot hole. I was getting ready to pin it. I put pivot washers between the tang and the scales and inserted the pin.


In the above picture, I have peened the pivot pin . I decided I would do the middle pin which is for spacing. I saved the little spacer for that purpose.


In these last two pictures, I have completed the scales. The center spacer is peened, and the pivot pin is sufficiently tight to hold the blade up.




 I am all done. I have put it back in my 7-day case. I think this one is up next for a shave on the first Saturday in June.





No comments:

Post a Comment