Friday, August 19, 2016

Jayaruh 98, 99, 100

Well, today I got out there under the car port and worked on completing the first 100 Jayaruh brushes. I will add pictures later because I have not taken any so far. I made the last three brushes from dark oak. #98 is a beehive type handle, #99 is a stubby handle, and #100 is a three inch handle with birch inlays in the grip part. I shaped them, sanded them smooth, branded them, and put the first coat of polyurethane on them. After about four hours, they are dry enough to take some pictures. I don't have knots for them yet. I have three two band badgers coming from Virginia Sheng, but they may already be spoken for. I will have to decide what I want to do knot wise with these handles.

Update: Here they are.


The following individual pictures are with the same pure badger knot. It is not a good knot, just one I use sometimes for pictures. 

Jayaruh #98
Jayaruh #99
Jayaruh #100

No comments:

Post a Comment