Monday, February 22, 2016

The Bunny Razor

The Bunny razor is the brain child of Tom White on The Shave Den. It is machined from 6066 T-1 aluminum. His prototype razor (V1) was 66 grams. He revealed his project January 1, 2016, on The Shave Den forum. He is up to version 3 now, and he is sending it out into the world for testing. Below are pictures of his progress. I was fortunate to get on the East Coast US Testing Group. I am third on the list, so I expect to get a chance to use the Bunny sometime in April.

Versions 1, 2, and 3.

Version 1 

Version one is two pieces: the handle and the head are made of aluminum.  The spring is made of brass.







Version 2

Version 2 is also made of two pieces, but the handle has grooves cut in it for a better grip. The spring now sports decorative etchings. Tom made three combs for the razor and added a knurled knob to make it easier to change. The combs are labelled mild, notso, and wild.







Version 3

Version 3 is a one piece razor with three changeable combs. The brass spring continues the sporty etchings.











2 comments:


  1. The Bunny V2 & V3 SE Razor by Tom White.
    Who would be interested in owning one at a reasonable price? If so speak up!!!

    BTW this is NOT a selling thread

    I am thinking of doing a Kickstarter to bring them to the general market at a reasonable price. I have an agreement with Tom himself and indeed I have his personal razors with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That us a cool idea. I hope to follow. It is a fine razor for sure.

    ReplyDelete