Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Jayaruh #31 and Jayaruh #32 Begin

Today, I worked on the #31 and #32. They are both made from the walnut stock I picked up a couple of months ago. #31 (left) has been stained with red oak stain. I will use the same on #32 (right) when I have finished sanding it. I had actually started #32 a couple of weeks ago and set it aside for later. I patterned it after the Rubberset 400, but at the time I was a little careless and made some mistakes on it. However, today, I took my time and worked out the mistakes. I made it so it would hold the new horse hair knot I got in the mail yesterday. Tomorrow, I will finish sanding it and put the stain on it.

The #31 (left) still needs to be finished with polyurethane, and the knot needs to be set. The knot is a Virginia Sheng two-band finest badger. I think this handle was made for it. HA! As a matter of fact it was. This brush is destined to be a favorite.

Jayaruh #31 (left) and Jayaruh #32 (right)

Jayaruh #31 with Virginia Sheng two-band badger knot


Jayaruh #32 with horse hair knot

No comments:

Post a Comment