Saturday, November 21, 2015

Two Silvertip Badger Test Latherings

It was a little more than 24 hours after I set these knots with silicone that I did this test lathering. I decided not to defunk the knots because they have only a very slight scent to them now. So, I proceeded to their first lather with C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream. I used cold water and did a brief soak, then using about an almond size dollop, I began to make lather. I lathered the JR #11 first and set it aside for the lather to work on the knot. Then I did the same for the JR #30RS brush. I let them set for a time and then rinsed them and towel dried them. Now, they are air drying. I will post pictures of them after they dry and are fluffed.

A brief soak for the #11.

Making the lather.

Beautiful lather.

Making lather with the #30RS.

They both performed equally well.

I let them set a while for the lather to work on defunking the knots.

Here they are after a thorough rinse and a towel dry.
Now they will air dry, and tomorrow I will fluff them
and get pictures of their blooms.
Update: Next day
Post bloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment