Thursday, April 17, 2014

Utopia Double Edge Razor (Quarter Pounder)

I read about this razor on The Shave Den. It is a heavy razor (4 oz) with a 4 inch handle and a cheap price. It also comes with 10 Derby Extra blades. I ordered it on EBay for $9.99 with free shipping. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, April 18. I don't see how I can go wrong. If it shaves badly, I will at least have a great new handle.



The Utopia arrived on Friday, and I took it for a spin. It feels pretty good in the hand. It is hefty and the long handle feels natural. I used an Astra for my first shave. I noticed that blade alignment is not automatic.  I had to visually make sure the blade was in straight. I ended up with a very nice shave.

You can see the blade cocked in the head. The posts are smaller than EJ89 and so have more play leaving the blade to move around. If you don't visually align, you could get into a lot of trouble. 

First Shave

No comments:

Post a Comment