My TSD friend Ed made this wonderful brush. I really like it and decided that I will make one similar to it.
Project begun August 8.
I started with a chunk of wood from our wild cherry tree. It will have an irregular shape to it.
|Cut from wild cherry block.|
|Hole location marked.|
|Drilled out hole.|
Update: August 10
|Smoothed the outside and tapered the top to the hole.|
Update August 16
Update August 21
I polyurethaned the handle. Here it is dry fitted with a pure badger knot. The permanent knot is yet to be determined.
Update: September 13
The knot is a 21x70mm pure badger. I set it with a 54mm loft using silicone. I did a test lather with Razorock P.160.
|Nice bloom after the first lather.|