Friday, August 7, 2015

Hydrating Mitchell's Wool Fat


I found the following suggestion on The Shave Den and thought that I would give it a try.


  • I've found that the best way to use MWF is to keep it hydrated. If you have the MWF ceramic bowl, fill it with water until the water barely covers the puck. Let it sit overnight. Continue adding water every day or two as the puck absorbs it. within 3-5 days the puck will swell to fill the container perfectly. Now that it is properly hydrated, it lathers just like any other quality soap, with no special treatment required.
Although I have had no problem lathering my MWF, I thought that this would be a good thing to do. My puck was stuck to one side of the container. I used my Swiss Army Knife and cut it away from the side and centered it in the bowl. I filled the bowl with water and covered it with the lid. I will check back tomorrow and see how it goes. 

After about 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment