Sunday, August 16, 2015

Jayaruh #19 Begins

This handle is koa wood. I got two sticks of it in a trade with Ed on TSD for my black tip superspeed. Now, I got other stuff too, but these are pen blanks. 

I started this handle on Thursday, August 13, when I glued the first two pieces together. Friday, I cut it in half and glued them together again. Today, I drew circles on each end and rounded the corners a little, just enough to get started.


August 13-14




August 15


August 17








I am thinking about cutting the handle and making two handles out of it.

The more I think about it, the more I think it a bad idea. I would hate to ruin a good thing. I am not sure about a knot. I will try out one of the knots I have coming and see how they do in each of my handles. I don't have enough for all the handles though, so some will have to wait a little longer.

Update: September 11

I got a 21x70mm pure badger knot for the #19 handle and siliconed it into place. This will make a fine brush.

Update: September 13, 2015

I did a test lather with Razorock P.160. Here is the picture and the post bloom.
Lather with Razorock P.160.

Post bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment