I started this handle on July 6. I did not take pictures of the progress though. I started with a square piece, took off the corners to make it eight sided, and then rounded it using an abrasive.
I decided to just do a few polyurethane coats.
Here it is after the second coat.
It was suggested by fellow TSDers that I use a black badger knot for this handle. I like that idea. I will however wait until August to place the order because this is No Buy July. I can wait. I may begin #12 in the mean time.
UPDATE: July 8, 2015
I made a trade with a fellow TSDer and have two black pure badger knots on the way, so, this brush will be complete probably within the week. Here are pictures after the third coat of poly.