The two black badger knots arrived today from Whipped Dog. Enclosed were two packets of Oxiclean and directions for defunking the knots.
The first thing I did was to put the knots in the #12 and #13 handles.
I think the black badger makes a great contrast with the wood grain handles.
I disolved the OxiClean in water and soaked the two knots for about two minutes. I rinsed the knots and then shampooed them with C.O. Bigelow Body and Hair Wash.
After three rinses, I squeezed the knots and then brushed them on a towel. I set them aside to dry. We shall see what kind of bloom we get out of them.
Update: July 18
I glued the knots in the handles wit GE Silicone II. I will give it 24 hours before I take off the plastic. I will then give them the next week to rest. The will go into service on July 27.
After 24 hours, I took the cellophane off the brushes. I will be putting these two in rotation on the 27th. In the mean time I will do a couple of test latherings with them.
Update: July 21
Test lather with Proraso Green.