Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Making of a Shave Stick

In December of 2013 I got some Col. Conk Amber Shaving Soap. I wanted to get it in a form that would be easy to use. I converted the soap to a stick form. It was easy as 1, 2, 3.


  1. I used up a stick of Arm & Hammer Ultra Max Unscented deodorant.
  2. I cleaned out the container and removed the labels.
  3. I melted the Col. Conk Amber Shaving Soap (10 seconds in the microwave) and poured it into the container.




To finish it all off, I found a label on the Internet, printed it, and taped it to the new shave stick.



I find it easy to use, as I just rub it all over my beard and begin face-lathering with a wet brush.  It is also a handy form to pack for travel.


This can be done with any Col. Conk or Van Der Hagen glycerine shave soap. I even mad a stick with some Arko. With it, I just pressed it into the container. Arko is a soft malleable soap and works easily. With the Arko, I cut the label and taped it onto the container.



No comments:

Post a Comment