Monday, May 25, 2015

Jayaruh #10 Begins

I had a hexagonal piece sitting around, so today, I got out and began shaping it. I really like the shape of my #6 handle, so I am tweaking it a bit. This one is a bit shorter. 

#6 and #10

I didn't take pictures of the blank or initial shaping, but these were taken at three stages. The top picture is at the end of stage three. The original blank was cut on my table saw, but all other work was done without electricity except for making the knot hole which was done with my Dremel. The rest of the work was done with rasp, files, hand saw, and sandpaper. 

End of stage three: May 26.

May 25, 2015
End of stage one:



End of stage two:


May 26, 2015
End of stage three:





May 28, 2015

Minwax Wood Conditioner

First Coat of Polyurethane hung up.
May 29, 2015

Polyurethane 2nd Coat
It is all done except for a knot.


No comments:

Post a Comment