Monday, May 18, 2015

Olivewood Handle Arrives Today



 A fellow TSDer, Will, put together a group buy for the Olive Wood brush handle made in Bethlehem, Holy Land. Normally $20 with shipping, we got it for $16 with shipping. I said that I was on a shaving gear sabbatical for 2015, but if they needed just one more to make the buy, I would put my name in. As it turned out, they needed one more, so I pitched in on April 16 as the last buyer of 15. The handles arrived on May 8 in the US, and Will split them up, packaged them, and sent them off to their new homes. They started to arrive last Friday, but mine came today, Monday. It is a very pretty handle. I have not decided on the knot yet. I will take some time and put a new layer of polyurethane on it for additional protection.

May 19, 2015

I broke down and ordered a silvertip knot from Whipped Dog. 


May 20, 2015

I lightly sanded the handle and cleaned out two of the grooves of excess finish. I then gave it a coat of polyurethane and hung it up to dry. I will repeat again tomorrow.


May 21, 2015

I just sanded and applied the second coat of polyurethane. It is a beautiful handle. I am not seeing any movement on my knot though. I guess I won't see it until sometime next week.


This brush handle has very nice grain on all sides.


May 28, 2015

Still waiting on the knot.

May 29, 2015

The knot arrives. See more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment