Thursday, May 14, 2015

Jayaruh #9 Begins... Continues

May 14, 2015

I had this piece of wood that I cut out last week and was sitting around. I made it with five sides to be different. I have no real idea how this one is going to turn out or if it will, but here is what I have for right now.

Stage 1: I scribed a groove around the block.

Stage 2: I rounded the top with my knife and then sanded it smooth. I used my round file and deepened the groove.

So far, the only power tools used was the table saw that I used to make the original pentagonal prism. I will be taking my time with this one and will be using hand tools to shape it. I will update progress to this post as the shape emerges.

May 15: Update

I did use the Dremel to make the hole, but the rest has been done with my knife and sandpaper.

I put a groove for an o-ring in the top of the handle.

May 20, 2015

After a little more sanding, I stained with a dark walnut stain and gave it a coat of polyurethane. Tomorrow, I will do another coat of poly.

After the second coat.

Here is the progress graphic.

No comments:

Post a Comment