Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Jorvaljr Brushes

February 5, 2018

I am getting this piece of cedar in the mail today. Jorge on TSD wants me to turn it into a brush. It is 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 3 1/8 inches high. I told him that I could probably get two brush handles out of it. So, here is the plan.


I will draw two circles on the face of the block and cut the block in half. I will do the following to each half.  I am going to make two 90 degree cuts, 2 and 3. Then, I will set the saw to 45 degrees and make cuts 4, 5, 6, and 7.  Then, it will be ready to put on the lathe.



Jorge suggested these shapes. I will try to accommodate.













February 6, 2018

It was a very nice day out today, in the 50s. I set up my lathe in the back yard.



I turned the first handle.


I turned the second handle.





Here they are all finished.


This is the first handle that I turned. It has the 21mm synthetic knot.




The second handle that I turned with the 22mm silvertip badger.







After polycrylic application.




No comments:

Post a Comment