Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Jayaruh #266

I was given this partial bottle of MEM English Leather from the 80s. It has a wooden cap. I have wanted to get one of these for a couple of years just to make a brush out of it. Well, I made a brush from a really big one for John D., a gentleman on TSD, JR#264. He sent me this so I could achieve my desire.


The hole was huge (32mm), so I turned a plug and plugged it.


I decided to drill the hole in the other end (25mm).


 Here I dry fitted a Maggard synthetic knot.


Then I branded it.


Next, I stained/sealed it with some red oak stain/sealer.




I put on a coat of polycrylic. It won't be long now.




Possible knots:




1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing!!! What a tribute to the vintage English Leather - I dont think the modern version smells as nice. That wooden know is MADE for a brush ---- I will be sending you a knob soooon...
    peace - jamie

    ReplyDelete