Tuesday, February 20, 2018

English Leather Lid to Shaving Brush Handle

I just received this English Leather lid from John in Illinois. I am going to try to find a shaving brush handle in it somewhere. It was from a 16 oz.  bottle.



The lid has a mass of 162 g. The opening is about 32 mm by 19 mm deep. It is 70 mm (2 3/4 inches) high and about 67 mm wide. John wants to put a silvertip badger in the brush. It looks like we will be looking at a 30 mm knot.


I will use this Rubberset B-14 brush as a guide for the new handle.

Rubberset B-14

I will chronicle the progress of this brush on this page.













Update: February 22, 2018

I did a lot of hand sanding today.


I branded the brush with the JR 264.

I made a spacer for the bottom. I will use it to adjust the loft of the knot when I get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment