Friday, February 2, 2018

Jayaruh #257

I made #257 at the same time as I did #256, so I call them sister brushes.  #257 is made from Louisiana cypress. Here they are fresh off the lathe and having the flutes crafted.


Next, these are pictures of dry fitting knots after I had put a polycrylic finish on the handles. Later, I would decide to use the Maggard synthetic horse on both.

Here is #257 with its faux horse.

This brush did not hang around very long. It was adopted very quickly. I reluctantly let it go knowing that I can make another one. The only thing is, I may not be getting any more of the Louisiana cypress.

1 comment:

  1. We need fuzzy to cut some branches for u !! He is a Louisiana man. 257 will be at a good home! My Florida shave buddy Eddie fell in love with 256 the 1st time I posted it in the G+ HTGAM group. You should check out the group, lots of good dudes. No politics and no drama. Also, i had a few guys ask about your lather catcher handles... u may get contacted.

    ReplyDelete