Thursday, February 22, 2018

Jayaruh #105 - The Re-Knotting

For some unknown reason, this brush developed a sticky handle. Tim sent it back to me and today, I worked on correcting the problem

I removed the old knot and removed the finish down to the wood. I opened the hole to accept a new two-band badger knot. Then, I put on the first coat of polycrylic. That is as far as I have gotten today.

Here are the pictures:





After two coats of polycrylic. The knot is dry fitted.



I will be using it for a week before sending it to him. Here is a test lathering.


 Here it is blooming.

And here is the first shave.




Original Post:

















I put this synthetic knot in the handle.


Update: May 27, 2017

After talking with son, Tim, I decided to remove the old knot and put in a bigger knot. Here it is dry fitted with a Maggard Black & White synthetic and then a Maggard traditional synthetic. I am going to see which one Tim likes best and set it for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment