Thursday, February 22, 2018

Jayaruh #264

 This is the English Leather lid brush. To quote President Trump, "It is HUGE!" It came from a 16 oz. bottle. It was commissioned by a gentleman on TSD. He is sending a 29mm silvertip badger for it. It is going to be a monster brush.

I decided to do it the old fashion way without a lathe. I used abrasive sheets, disks, belt sander, and my dremel to shape the handle.














Updated: February 22, 2018

I hand shaded the handle today.


I branded the handle with the JR 264.


I made a spacer for the bottom of the handle. I will use it to adjust the loft of the knot when I get it.



I put a coat of polycrylic on the handle and then gave it a buffing. One more coat to go, maybe two.




After two coats of polycrylic and a good polishing.


February 23, 2018


The knot came in today. It measures 29mm on the plug. The handle is a 32mm.



The left picture is the knot seated with no shims resulting in a 48.4 mm loft. The one on the right is with a shim that results in a 51 mm loft..


51mm loft.



Update: February 26, 2018

It is finished. I ended up shimming the inside of the hole with two layers of vinyl. I then put a spacer in the bottom and epoxied the knot in the hole. It finished up with a 30mm at the hole and 52mm loft.


No comments:

Post a Comment