Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Jayaruh #35: a brother from another tree

This is Jayaruh #34 wild cherry on the left and Jayaruh #35 walnut on the right, the brother from another tree. I just made #35 today, but it still needs some shaping around the top.  I patterned it after the original #34.  #34 is complete except for finishing and a new knot. 


Yesterday, I made three cylinder blanks and finished the #34. Today, I took up the task of shaping the walnut blank into the latest brush #35.






Here it is all by itself with a pure badger knot in place for the shot. After shaping the top some more, I will give it a final sanding, and it will be ready for finishing and a new knot.




I branded the #34 and #35.

After first coat of polyurethane.

After second coat of polyurethane.
Loft: 57mm

Dry fit with Ubersoft 2 Synthetic.
Decided to drop it to 55mm loft.
Loft dropped to 55mm.


Jayaruh #35 in its new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment