Monday, December 7, 2015

Jayaruh #34 Begins



I was inspired by JR Reyes on The Shave Den to make this one. I had some wild cherry laying around that I wanted to use for this project. It is a long handle barbershop design. 

Here I have the basic shape.
 Here is the basic procedure I use for making my holes. I drew a circle with my compass about 1/2 inch radius (1 inch diameter for those in Rio Linda). Then, using my Dremel with a 1/8 inch drill, I began filling that circle with holes about 1/2 inch deep.

Then, I connected the holes removing the material between them. I then used my little drum sander to smooth things out. After I am done, a quarter will comfortably fit in the hole. It is just the right size for a 24mm knot.





Horse hair brush dry fit.
Now I need to decide on the finish. I am thinking of maybe getting a 24mm synthetic for this handle.

I revisited the handle and narrowed its waist.
Jayaruh #34 with Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic



Update: December 24
Before I got a chance to use it, I was contacted by a TSD member who had taken a liking to the #34. He decided he wanted to adopt it. Today, it arrived at its new home just in time for a Christmas shave. Here are pictures of it at its new home.



Jayaruh #33 * Jayaruh #35

No comments:

Post a Comment