Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tim's New Brush

My son, Tim, contacted me and asked if I would make him a brush for his stateroom on the USS Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier. We discussed what he wanted and decided on an Olivewood handle with a silvertip knot.

This post will chronicle its build.

May 4, 2016

Ordered parts:
24mm silvertip ordered from The Golden Nib

Bethlehem Olivewood handle ordered from Jerusalem
Estimated delivery: May 19 - June 2

 May 7, 2016

The knot arrives in record time. High quality knot, no smell, very nice shape... I had planned to defunk the knot, but since there is no funky smell, I will forgo that procedure.


May 19, 2016

The handle arrived yesterday. I used the Dremel to fit the knot. I polyurethaned the handle, and today I set the knot.

Knot dry fitted.


After the knot has been set with silicone and the handle polyurethaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment