Sunday, October 25, 2015

Jayaruh #26: Destined for Denmark


The is the Jayaruh #26. It is a custom handle made from bird's eye maple made for Martin of Denmark. The handle measures approximately 66 mm. In the first picture is the raw board (3/4 x 8 inches) and then a close up of the grain. I cut a strip 1.5 inches wide then two pieces 2.5 inches long. I glued them together to make a square blank. I cut the corners off to make a octagonal blank. After that I began to shape it with a sanding cylinder. It is stained with a dark walnut finish. I dry fitted a 24 mm silvertip badger just for the photo. It will eventually take a 24 mm synthetic or 24 mm boar. The last four pictures are just glamour pictures.

Branded JR 26

Dry fit with 24 mm silvertip knot.

Glamour shots.



Knots arrive October 29.

The 24 mm boar and 24 mm synthetic knots arrived today. I did a dry fitting. In the second picture, I added a quarter to increase the loft by 2 mm.


Update: November 13, 2015

#26 arrives in Denmark.
#26 begins defunk process.

First Shave





2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Jim. The dark walnut stain is beautiful. Looks very shiny too. How many poly costs for you apply ?

    ReplyDelete