Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Jayaruh #24: The Continuing Story


A while back I started this handle from some walnut that I had acquired. My friend, Don, saw it and wanted to be the one to finish it off. He suggested a trade of knots for the handle. That sounded great to me because getting knots is my biggest problem. He wanted to put a 24 mm silver tip in it, so I made the hole big enough and deep enough to accommodate that knot. I had just received the same knot that was going into my #25 handle, so I made sure that it fit well. I was going to send it off last Monday, but as it turned out, it was Columbus Day, so it went out Tuesday instead. Don dubbed the handle "The Rook." I am looking forward to seeing what he does with it.

Update: November 2.
Don has stained and finished the handle. Today, his knot came in and he dry fit it. It is looking really good. Graphic updated.

Update: November 3
Don silicone set his knot. He did a first lather using Proraso Red. Graphic updated with lather and post bloom pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment