Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Reworking the Scales on the Wade & Butcher

When I originally made the scales for my Wade & Butcher, I was over jealous and ended up cracking one of the scales. I set it aside for about a week. Today, I decided to see if I could rework the scales and redeem my mistake.

Cracked scale.
In this picture, I have taken the razor apart. I sawed through the wedge and reduce its size. I glued and clamped the cracked scale. After much sanding, I aligned the scales and glued the wedge end together.  I had bought a small 4 oz. jewelers hammer for peening the ends.

I peened the wedge end first.

I got both ends done without any issues.

The blade centers very nicely.

Getting ready to go back into the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment