Tuesday, February 16, 2016

New Gillette Blue Tip Arrives


I made a trade with Don on TSD. I sent him the Jayaruh #31 finest badger brush, and he sent me this Gillette Blue Tip. It arrived today, and I got it cleaned up and ready to go.



 Here is the razor right out of the package.

Blue Tip before the soak/cleaning.

First on the list was a soak in hot water with Dawn Dishwashing Soap.


Here is the razor after the soak and a toothbrush cleaning.



D1: First quarter of 1958.

Here it is with the newly crafted Bumblebee brush handle.
Update: February 17

I interrupted my week with the Red Tip to try out the new Blue Tip. It was a very nice shave. I got a good close shave in two passes with no irritation. I will return to the Red Tip tomorrow and put the BT in my rotation next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment