Sunday, February 7, 2016

JR#31 Going to New Home

My friend, Don on TSD, contacted me with an interest in JR#31. He wants to refinish the handle in a driftwood finish. He really likes the VS finest badger knot, too. He knew that it had been set with silicone, so he asked that I remove the knot for him. I was impressed with the hold that the silicone provided, but it gave up the knot without incident after several forceful attempts. That leads me to believe that the hold would have lasted a lifetime had that been the intent.


Next, I will clean out the hole and the bottom of the knot and send it off to Don so he can do his magic. So, this brush will become a collaborative project.I will ask Don to provide some pictures of his progress and finished product.

Cleaned up and ready to go in the mailer.

February 10, 2016
Don sent me some pictures of a couple of Blue Tips for the trade. I need to pick one.

Razor #1 


Razor #2




3 comments:

  1. Jim,
    I will also keep you posted with step by step process so that should you want to try the driftwood finish yourself you'll have some ideas of the faux finishing process which I employ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll pick it up fast as you did with our other collaborations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete